« Home | 05 JAN 2006 - The First of Many »

Up From San Antone


The words of a George Strait song never spoke louder. I leave in the morning back to Ft Carson, and then onwards to the hot sands of Iraq. We will stop in Kuwait for a few days first.

I spent the last day with Iz and the boys. To bad that Ryleigh was sick, but he takes after his daddy, because he did not miss a meal. Caelan went with me to run errands. You know the usually things like change the oil, fill up the tank, and other odds and ends.

I hate to go, but I am ready. I want to get this year behind me and the longer I sit at home, the longer it is until I return.

I love you all and I will miss you so badly.

Isabel, you are my heart and my sole. Someone said behind a good man is a good woman. I don't believe it. I want you beside me, not behind me.

Caelan and Ryleigh, Don't grow up to fast, leave some for me when I return.

So off to the great wide open,
Randy