« Home | Man I'm Tired » | Black is Back » | One Of My All Time Favorites » | Thanks For the Mess Guys » | More Tea, and Were Is the Porte Potty Key? » | More Rain » | Where Are All The Wall Lockers and Beds » | We Moved » | Mister, Mister, One More Please » | What a Night »

I Kissed a Man, Say What?

In the Arab world it is common to kiss your elder or a man that deserves respect. Just a simple kiss on his check. I have become close with one of the Iraqi Officers and two days ago I gave him a man kiss, as we call it. He responded by slapping me on the back and smiling. From what my interpreter told me, he really respects me. Of course I have heard the normal comments from the other guys, that I must be gay now. Far cry, I can assure you. I figured I would do like I have done in every country I have been, and learn the customs and try to follow them.

I am a day late, and I apologize, but Happy Birthday Frans. I wanted to post something yesterday, but our Internet was down all day. Yesterday was also my roommate, SFC I's birthday. I gave him a nice present. I put together his new wall locker for him. Did a pretty good job, if I do say so.

SFC I and I bought a satellite and vacuum cleaner. We are waiting for a couple of guys to come by and hook the satellite up. They assured us they can do it and get us the right channels. I hope they hurry.

Did I mention that Nana sent me about five to six pounds of homemade cookies? Man, those things are of the chain. I gave one bag to my Iraqi LTC I was talking about above. He loved them as well. Just need to score some milk from the chow hall everyday. I have also received several packages from my sponsors. Thank you to all of you. I have enough food to last me awhile. One of the best things I got recently was from Mom and Sonny. I nice GA Bulldawg picture in a frame. I hung it over my bed.

On Sunday I spent about three hours playing guitar with our BDE SGM. He and I played a bunch of country songs and a few rock ones. I had a blast. I felt like Sonny Thompson sitting around all my friends. I will try and score a picture from it and post it later.

See ya,
Randy