« Home | More Rain » | Where Are All The Wall Lockers and Beds » | We Moved » | Mister, Mister, One More Please » | What a Night » | So Busy » | It's the Least I Can Do Rock » | Bloging By Email » | My Little Soldier » | Today Turns Out Great »

More Tea, and Were Is the Porte Potty Key?

So much has gone on it the last couple of days. On Tuesday we went to a goodbye and awards ceremony for the team that we are replacing. Of course everything had to be translated into Arabic, so the awards part took over an hour. It was held in the Iraqi officers’ club and the air condition was not working very well. No one told me would be eating their. So I had chicken prior to going. They brought out a spread of fish, lamb, and goat. Plus they had all kind of other stuff as well. I ate a little, but I was really not hungry. One of our officers had the funniest line as we were leaving. He said it was the first time he has every left an officers club sober.

They served us tea at the end and it was so good. Nice and hot and sweet. They call it Chi. I get it every time I am around the Iraqis. Sometimes they give you the last cup and that has all the tea leaves and grounds in it. You have to be careful how you spit it out.

Today I have been pretty sick. I ate something last night that did not agree with me. I have been back and forth to the Porte Potty about six times today. Plus I have a headache and that is very rare for me. For lunch I just ate soup and Jell-O. I must really be getting old.

It rained cats and dogs the other day here. There were frogs everywhere around our place when it stopped. Matter of fact, one was in the shower with me yesterday. My momma would have loved seeing all the different sizes hoping around.

We should be in our rooms by tomorrow. I am looking forward to it.

Take care,
Randy