« Home | HAPPY FATHER'S DAY » | » | So Much Fun, In Such A Short Amount Of Time » | I'm Home » | Memorial Day 2006 - Never Forget » | Where Are They Now? » | Another Long Night » | They Call Me....Tariq » | Like Little Kids In A Candy Store » | Some Pictures of My Room and Area »

Same Old Stuff

Well I am back in Taji, Iraq. I left Monday to a tearful goodbye from Isabel and the boys. American Airlines bumped me up to 1st Class from the flight from San Antonio to Dallas. Once I got to Dallas I had to wait about four hours before we departed to Kuwait. While there I ran into Kiki Sheppard from Live from the Apollo. She was very nice and thanked me for what I do.

We stopped over in Ireland for two hours. I got to Kuwait around 8:30 pm on Tuesday. Took an almost two hour bus ride to the post in Kuwait. Left Kuwait at 0500 Wednesday to BIAP, Iraq. There were no flights on Wednesday to Taji, so I had to stay there for an extra day. Got to Taji at 0200 on Friday morning.

As soon as I got here I noticed my door was locked from the outside. That told me that my room mate SFC I was not here, but in Tarmiyah. When I walked in the room I noticed instantly how cold it was in my room. They were able to get an extra air conditioner for our room.

When I got up this morning, I decided to change the sheets on my bed. I found about 20 to 25 rat pellets on my bed. SFC I had sent me an email when I was on leave and told me he saw a rat on my bed and that he had killed one, but he thought there was an another one in our room. I thought he was kidding about it being on my bed. When he came back later today, he told me he was not joking. He has killed two so far and he has seen two others. He thinks he blocked off where they were coming in from. We have rat poison all over the room. This stinks.

They turned off our power for about seven hours today. SFC I told me they are still cutting it off at different times. This really bites. The night before I went on leave, they turned it off all night. I could not sleep that whole night due to the heat. SFC I said they turned it off like three nights in a row.

I guess this is part of President Bush's exit plan.

MR President, You are losing me my friend. I am really reconsidering the whole Iraq thing, with everything that has been going on as of late.

Randy