And A Few Pictures Of The IED

I just wanted to drop a quick message to say hello. Yesterday it looked like we were going to get some rain. I was really hoping so, because it has been so hot as of late. Of course it did not rain, and that hot old sun just keeps beating down its rays. They tell us the real heat has not even arrived yet. August it should get around 140 everyday. Oh boy, what fun that will be.
The photo shows the wreckage of the M1114 (HUMVEE). It is nothing short of a miracle that anyone survived. I will admit that everyone on the scene was beat by the end of the day, but spirits were better then you would expect. I continue to give the Lord all the praise for this and I am so thankful that he has his guardian angels looking out for all of us.
SFC I will be leaving this week to go on leave. He was already scheduled for this leave, and it is well needed break for him to recuperate with his family. He will be going on a cruise and I am sure the waves of the ocean will be therapeutic (big word for me) to say the least.
I think someday I would love to take Isabel and the boys on one those Disney cruises myself. I can just see Caelan and Ryleigh with all the Disney characters running around the ship. Of course Isabel would enjoy the shows and you all know me. I would head straight to the buffet lines. And no Isabel I do think of other things beside food, but when I do think of other things food is normally nearby. Get it from my Dad, Sonny, because he likes to eat too. Just ask my Mom.
Thank you, Joe Willie Sousa for mentioning me on your radio show. I wish I could have heard it. Just the mere thought that you would mention to people to pray for us and to read my blog, makes me my heart swell with pride. I am just a soldier doing my job and the thought that people in Brunswick care, means the world. Someday Joe I will return to Brunswick and you, me, and OJJ will have to play some b-ball. (It’s all about the finesse).
Randy