I Think It Might Have Been Safer When I Worked At The Jail
I had to write the following statement tonight:
At approximately 2000, Myself, CPT O, Interpreters Sadiq, Ali, and Atheer were leaving the Coalition side headed back to Apache Barracks. We noticed there was a Nissan SUV blocking the entrance to the traffic circle. Behind the SUV was another Nissan truck. There someone talking to the passenger's side of the SUV. We then stopped at the entrance of the traffic circle. I got out of the vehicle to look at what was going on. I thought maybe the first truck had broken down. I then noticed both vehicles were still running, so I got back into my truck. About five seconds later, the gentlemen talking to the SUV returned to his truck. I then entered the traffic circle. When we approached the next traffic circle, I noticed a Nissan truck was blocking the road. A Iraqi Army soldier had gotten out of his vehicle with his weapon drawn towards us. At this point I did not know what was going on. I stopped my truck and got out. I approached the IA soldier and asked him what was the problem. I noticed his AK 47 was at the low ready with a magazine locked inside the well. He then raised his weapon, and pointed at me in the direction of my chest. He started yelling at me in Arabic. At this point, I was fearing for my safety and I was scared the IA soldier might shoot me. I asked him to lower his weapon, by using hand signals. He did not lower weapon, but continued to aim it at me. CPT O told me I should return to the vehicle and stay inside, which I did. I saw another person approaching us, whom we did not recognize. CPT O started talking with the gentlemen that was approaching. The gentlemen told CPT O to wait because COL Allah was coming. Then the SUV rolled up and a gentlemen in civilian clothes got out. He identified himself as COL Allah. COL Allah then told us we could leave, but our Interpreters must stay with him because they do not belong on this side and he was going to put them in jail. Then COL Allah started yelling in Arabic at the Interpreters. The Interpreters were talking with COL Allah in Arabic. One of the Interpreters, I do not recall which one, told CPT O that COL Allah wanted to arrest them and place them in jail. CPT O informed COL Allah that the Interpreters worked for us and we were leaving. CPT O asked COL Allah to please tell his IA soldier to move out of the way so we could leave. COL Allah said something in Arabic and the IA soldier moved out of the way. CPT O told me to leave. We returned to Apache Barracks.
Found a second mouse this afternoon dead under my night table. That is five we have killed and we just moved into the room in late April.
Randy
At approximately 2000, Myself, CPT O, Interpreters Sadiq, Ali, and Atheer were leaving the Coalition side headed back to Apache Barracks. We noticed there was a Nissan SUV blocking the entrance to the traffic circle. Behind the SUV was another Nissan truck. There someone talking to the passenger's side of the SUV. We then stopped at the entrance of the traffic circle. I got out of the vehicle to look at what was going on. I thought maybe the first truck had broken down. I then noticed both vehicles were still running, so I got back into my truck. About five seconds later, the gentlemen talking to the SUV returned to his truck. I then entered the traffic circle. When we approached the next traffic circle, I noticed a Nissan truck was blocking the road. A Iraqi Army soldier had gotten out of his vehicle with his weapon drawn towards us. At this point I did not know what was going on. I stopped my truck and got out. I approached the IA soldier and asked him what was the problem. I noticed his AK 47 was at the low ready with a magazine locked inside the well. He then raised his weapon, and pointed at me in the direction of my chest. He started yelling at me in Arabic. At this point, I was fearing for my safety and I was scared the IA soldier might shoot me. I asked him to lower his weapon, by using hand signals. He did not lower weapon, but continued to aim it at me. CPT O told me I should return to the vehicle and stay inside, which I did. I saw another person approaching us, whom we did not recognize. CPT O started talking with the gentlemen that was approaching. The gentlemen told CPT O to wait because COL Allah was coming. Then the SUV rolled up and a gentlemen in civilian clothes got out. He identified himself as COL Allah. COL Allah then told us we could leave, but our Interpreters must stay with him because they do not belong on this side and he was going to put them in jail. Then COL Allah started yelling in Arabic at the Interpreters. The Interpreters were talking with COL Allah in Arabic. One of the Interpreters, I do not recall which one, told CPT O that COL Allah wanted to arrest them and place them in jail. CPT O informed COL Allah that the Interpreters worked for us and we were leaving. CPT O asked COL Allah to please tell his IA soldier to move out of the way so we could leave. COL Allah said something in Arabic and the IA soldier moved out of the way. CPT O told me to leave. We returned to Apache Barracks.
Found a second mouse this afternoon dead under my night table. That is five we have killed and we just moved into the room in late April.
Randy
Well, thank you for giving me the opportunity for a good cry. It took a few minuted for me to process the seriousness of this when Isabel told me to read the blog. After I got off the camera with her, I broke and bawled like she did. PLEASE make sure you are spiritually where you should be for HEAVEN's sake (no pun intended). I know there are those of us praying for God to protect you, but I hope you too are praying for His protection. Mama and Daddy were both shocked when I told them about the blog. Mama said that obviously angels were looking out for you today. Daddy prayed right then on the phone with me for your continued protection and thanked God for looking after you today. Don't try to star in your own action movie please. I love you Randy and I am trying so hard not to worry about you and to just trust God, but today you made it very difficult. Please stay safe. Renee'
Posted by
Nay |
4:45 PM