« Home | The Nights are Cold, but the Chow Hall Rules » | I'm Here » | Come Fly With Me » | I Can See Peely Now the Rain is Gone » | Up From San Antone » | 05 JAN 2006 - The First of Many »

What a Piece of Crap


Today we were able to shoot the AK-47. For those of you who are not familiar with this weapon, it is the weapon of choice for insurgents. The AK-47 is not a sub-machine gun, but it's not a rifle either. It is sort of a combo of the two. It's a semi automatic, gas operated, 30 round magazine feed weapon. It weighs around 9 pounds (4.3 kgs). To be honest, it shots like S--t. I think I shoot Ok, but I could not hit anything. The rounds were everywhere. So what do we learn from this? They need to continue to use this weapon, because it makes our job easier.

The power went out last night in our tent, so the heater went out. I woke up at 0330 freezing. So I just got up and went and called my baby. She was glad to her from me. I spoke with Caelan as well, and Ryleigh could be heard in the background. They do not realize it yet, because they are so young, but it makes Daddy's day.

Take care,

Randy