« Home | Mister, Mister » | Keifer Sutherland Has No Idea What 24 Hours Is » | Finally the Photos » | What does my, out, and nut have in common? » | Get Ready » | Lip Hair » | Back in the Desert Again, I'm Back » | American Soldier » | Ingrid Has A Birthday, And Dick Eats Cake » | No Sleep Till Ramstein »

Get Out Of The Way, We Have AK 47s

Today I went on the Money Run. That is when we go to Baghdad with the Iraqi Police and a unit of Iraqi Soldiers and pick up money. They picked up somewhere around 10 to 20 million dinars. Of course the Iraqi Police are shooting in the air the whole way down and back at any car who would not get out of the way. I was in the Gunner seat with the 50 Cal Machine Gun watching them. I was thinking to myself bullets that go up most do what? Come down, hum.

While we were waiting outside for them to load the trucks I walked around with a couple of other Sergeants. We stopped at a vendor and bought a kebob (Shorma, Gyro). It was great. I loved it. I have had them before, but my first Iraq one.

Lot of little kids would run up and say hello to us. One of the Sergeants was handing out little teddy bears to them, and then he would ask their parents if he could take a picture with them. I thought that is to cool. Let them kids grow up and they will remember that.

Oh well, for those who are interested I had a nice 37th Birthday yesterday. I did nothing special, but I did get to talk to Isabel and the boys, Mom and Sonny and Renee as well.

Later,