Internet, Rocks, And An Ankle Brace
Well we have Internet in our houch at FOB Hope. It is mighty slow, but at least it works. The power stays on 24/7 and that is the biggest blessing of them all. We rode around the other day and checked on our Iraqi soldiers at their different check points. The kids in that area were throwing rocks at our HUMVEES. Not that a rock will do any damage, but you have to wonder if they throw rocks at us, what good our we doing here?
We drove back down to Rustamiyah today to get some much needed work done on our HUMVEES. I decided to go by the clinic and let them look at my ankle again. The swelling has gone down for the most part, except on the right side. They showed me some strenghting exercises and gave me a brace to wear. The brace makes a big differance.
Caelan stared school last week on Monday. He loves it from what Isabel tells me. I am so glad that he does. Wow, Caelan in Pre K, how the times fly.
Randy
We drove back down to Rustamiyah today to get some much needed work done on our HUMVEES. I decided to go by the clinic and let them look at my ankle again. The swelling has gone down for the most part, except on the right side. They showed me some strenghting exercises and gave me a brace to wear. The brace makes a big differance.
Caelan stared school last week on Monday. He loves it from what Isabel tells me. I am so glad that he does. Wow, Caelan in Pre K, how the times fly.
Randy
Hey Bubba, I let my classes hear your audio BLOG. It really gives you a sense of being there. I agree with Mom that I am glad you got the brace for your ankle. I have an ankle support that I can wear when I need it. Any achy-ness (sp?) goes back to the fractured ankle I got in St. Pete. many moons ago. We had Arthur's 2nd birthday party today at our house. It was fun. He ran around naked most of the time. Faith got him a pool to keep over here. It is about 2 foot deep. He can stand in it and his neck and head are above the water. He had fun in the pool as did Grandma and Grandpa. Now everyone is gone and it is finally quiet. Anyway. I hate that the kids are throwing rocks at you guys. I do agree that it kind of makes you wonder why we are still there. It just seems a little too much like another Vietnam to me. It makes me also wonder what the next president will do to get our folks home assuming it doesn't happen before Bush's term of office is expired. Since it all a Biblical deal anyway, it's not like anyone can really stop what was prophesied along time ago. Oh well. I guess I have rambled on long enough. I love you very much and miss you too. Renee'
Posted by
Nay |
4:59 PM