« Home | A Tank, A Scorpion, And That's The News » | Caught In The Cookie Jar » | Bailey Is Six » | Nothing, Absolutely Nothing » | Another photo.CPL C is on his knee reflecting on w... » | And A Few Pictures Of The IED » | Hooters » | Thank You Jesus » | Work Forty Hours A Week? How About Awake Forty Hours » | Chocolate Boy And His Big Brother »

No Grammar Check, Eyes Don't Plays That

I came back from chow tonight and within about ten minutes, I noticed I had a flat tire on the truck. Of course, I do not have a jack and no one else does either. So I will have to get one off of one of the HUMVEES tomorrow. Bad thing is, my spare is not the same size. Someone told me where to take it and maybe they can patch it. I hope so.

The mice keep playing deadly games in my room. When I came back from Tarmiyah the other night, there was one dead in the room. Of course, I turned around and saw him with his legs in the air and I jumped. I tried to bored up the hole. They have chewed through the concrete. Yes, they are eating my room. I heard one early gnawing on the new wood I put down early.

I have packed and I am ready to depart to Baghdad. Let us hope and pray that things cool down. I have read in the paper everyday, that the big wigs think Iraq is headed for a Civil War. I really hope not. (I use I a lot, don't I. See I did it again. Maybe I should write in third person. I will try that with the next paragraph.)

The power went out again today for about four hours. Randy is really getting tired of this. Can you imagine what that is like? Think about when hurricanes come through South Georgia and the rain, wind, and whatever else knocks the electricity out for awhile. It is like New Orleans, minus the hoodlums. Randy hopes that at least in Baghdad we have power on a constant basis.

Well this will be the last blog until I get settled in Baghdad. Keep me in your prayers and thoughts. Again thank you to everyone who has helped support this blog. It has grown into something that I never imagined that it would be. When I started it, I basically was doing it to let Isabel, Caelan, and Ryleigh see what I was doing. Then slowly more people caught wind and low and behold it has grown by strength and numbers. So thank you to you all.

Randy