« Home | Hello Hell » | No Grammar Check, Eyes Don't Plays That » | A Tank, A Scorpion, And That's The News » | Caught In The Cookie Jar » | Bailey Is Six » | Nothing, Absolutely Nothing » | Another photo.CPL C is on his knee reflecting on w... » | And A Few Pictures Of The IED » | Hooters » | Thank You Jesus »

You Can Not Enter Here

Last night we decided to get rooms on the US side of were we are at in Baghdad. We wanted one night with constant power and AC. We came went over there and enjoyed nice showers, internet, PX, and the barber shop. I watched a little TV too. At about 11:30 pm, I went up to the room to rack out. I was told to pack my bag, because we had to return to the Iraqi side. It seemed one of the soldiers had taken ill. The Iraqis thought he had appendicitis. We drove the IA back over to the US side. We got stopped at the US gate and told we could not enter with IA soldiers at that gate, but had to drive to a different one. My Major went off and explained that the other gate was closed, plus did they or did they not see we were traveling with an IA Ambulance. It took about ten minutes until they would let us enter. Turned out the IA soldier only was passing a stone (Ouch). We got back to the Iraqi side at 02:30 am. We figured we might as well just stay on the IA side. This blog writes itself. I could not make this stuff up if I tried.

Randy