« Home | Couple Of Days Off, But Sick As A Dawg » | I Do Eat, Come On It's Me » | Just A Little Sleep, Please? » | Quick Note From The Very Tired SSG » | One To Hold You » | Back to Hell » | Internet, Rocks, And An Ankle Brace » | » | » | Air At Last »

Day Off

Today we have a well deserved day off. So I am able to catch up on this blog, check myspace, and fiddle fart around on the Internet. The last couple of days we have been going out and checking on our Iraqi Army counterparts at different locations in Baghdad. Basically we just ride up to where they have a checkpoint and talk with the Commander of that checkpoint. I normally gun, but yesterday they wanted me to drive. I hate driving, because I am not that good at it. In the HUMVEE it is very hard to see. You have many blind spots. I guess I did alright, because we made it back with out me causing a wreck. Traffic in Baghdad is terrible. The Iraqi people will drive anyway they can to get where they are going. If there is a jam, they just start driving on the wrong side of the road. We have a siren in the HUMVEE, and we use it a lot. Finished reading a John Grissom book called Painted House. Very good book and not his normal style. There were no lawyers in it. I am now reading A Time to Kill by him. Great movie and the book is very good from the first 100 pages I have read. I had duty two nights in a row. I was on Radio watch from 7:00 pm until midnight. Of course, I still had to get up the next day at 0415 to go out on the missions. So no sleep for me, but as I said earlier, today is my day off, so I will rack out after lunch. Later, Randy