« Home | Quick Note From The Very Tired SSG » | One To Hold You » | Back to Hell » | Internet, Rocks, And An Ankle Brace » | » | » | Air At Last » | You Can Not Enter Here » | Hello Hell » | No Grammar Check, Eyes Don't Plays That »

Just A Little Sleep, Please?

The last week has been non stop and days full of work. We wake up very early in the morning, and then spend about six to seven hours out in our sector. The Iraqi Army (IA) would link up with another American unit and conduct raids on different houses. We basically just provided the link ups and try to stay out of the way. Of course when we would return in the afternoon, everyone was smoked. So we would sleep for about four hours and then wake up for evening chow. Then try to go to sleep around 11:00 pm. This type of schedule can wear you out very quick. Today is the first day off in about a week.

Major (MAJ) S and the Master Sergeant (MSG) L, that I have been riding with, are a hoot. Of course the MAJ has so much on his mind, that he forgets the easiest things and then the MSG starts laughing at him. This makes me just lose it up in the gunners station. The MAJ always get the directions wrong, calls in the wrong numbers or forgets his call sign. This adds to the humor. I will admit I have laughed more in the last week then the whole time I have been here.

On Saturday the IA searched a Mosque. This was some type of show. There were about 80 IA soldiers there, plus boat loads of US Army guys. I guess everybody wanted to be involved somehow. I could have cared less. I just wanted it to be over, because I knew we were off today. The funniest thing of the day was when CPT O had five Iraqi children singing “The Roof, The Roof Is On Fire, We Don’t Need No Water, Let The”, well you know the rest.

I was told yesterday that I am receiving some awards for my actions during the IED strike awhile back. I will be receiving a Combat Action Badge (CAB) and also an Army Commendation Medal with a V for Valor (ARCOM-V). Also my end of tour award was approved. That award will be a Bronze Star. Not much I can say. I am humble to receive them. I would gladly give back the CAB and the ARCOM-V if that would bring back Fasil. I really miss that guy. He was such a good man.

Good job Bulldawgs, just wish I could have seen the game. Just to let you know, Alvin (Isabel’s brother) and Eline (his girlfriend) our visiting Iz and the boys in San Antonio. I am sure that they will have a great time. Of course Ryleigh did not remember them, so he is acting shy around them. Caelan and Bailey were ecstatic to see them both.

We were told that we would be stuck here in Baghdad until around November. That really stinks. Only good thing is I am about 115 days from leaving IWAK (as Caelan calls it).

Have a great holiday tomorrow and thanks for all the prayers. I can fill the angels around me.

Randy

_________________________________________________________________
Check the weather nationwide with MSN Search: Try it now!
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=weather&FORM=WLMTAG

Hey Bubba. I guess I topped your fall in a way. About 3am Monday morning/Sunday night the dogs got me up to let them out. Bandit is always put on a lead. I thought I had it clipped and realized I missed, but Bandit was ready to run. He yanked, causing me to lose my footing. I backwards somersaulted down our back steps landing smack on the top of my head before flipping face first into the dirt and grass. I laid there screaming Phil's name, but he was fast asleep and couldn't hear a thing that far away. i forced myself up and into the house, woke him, told him what happened and said that he should worry about getting Bandit in before worrying about me. I then woke Bethany up and had her check me over. I scraped my back up in a few places, bruised myself around my butt and lower back, and probably have suffered a whiplash. It was like being Piledriven into a wrestling mat in the wrong way. Thank God my angels were watching over me too or I could have broken my neck. I went to Glynn Immediate Care today after work just to have them make sure I hadn't cracked my skull. The doctor said if there had been judges watching I might have scored a perfect 10. He gave me an Rx for Darvocet and told me to stay down for the next 3 days. You know how we were raised though, so I am going to work tomorrow as normal. I agree with all of the other sentiments that have been posted by everyone. I hope you do get some much needed rest, but sleep with one eye open. I love you Randy and will continue to call your name out before the throne of God.

Post a Comment