One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Yesterday was a very interesting, funny, but sad day. You remember me telling you about SSG F and almost getting in a wreck with him? Well he is a strange bird to say the least. He is a very smart guy, but something always seemed off with him. Well he apparently is possibly schitzo. He left the other night and did not return until 1200 the next day. When asked we he was, he gave a long story of helping somebody out on the road, and then his humvee died. By the time he got a jump it was midnight, so he went to midnight chow and then to the gym. Said he was working out, but he fell asleep on the weight bench. He woke up at around 0400 when people were coming in to workout. He said he then noticed his hand had swelled up. So he went to sick call. Of course he got in trouble, because we did not know where he was, and he had one of our hummers. We were in the process of moving into our new billets and he was not around to help. Well the MSG was very mad and told him he could not drive by himself for 30 days.
When the MSG, the CPT and another Sergeant took him to chow, he started crying in the back seat. He did not want to go inside to eat. When those three came back outside, he was gone. They looked for him and could not find him. The CPT got a call about 2 hours later and he was informed that SSG F had gone to the clinic. So the MSG, the CPT and myself drove over to the clinic around 1130 at night. The docs said they believe he is schitzo. So I had to stay with him all night at the clinic. The dude would not shut up. They gave him so sleeping pills and finally about 0230 he fell asleep. I was awoken at 0630 by my buddy to relieve me.
Now I have been told I have to escort SSG F to Germany to the big hospital there. Not so bad I guess, because I will spend about 5 days there. And everybody knows how much I like Europe. Probably will have to stay with him the whole time though. Oh well such is life.
I really think this whole adventure, may make for a good book or movie. I want Michael Madsen to play me.
Randy
When the MSG, the CPT and another Sergeant took him to chow, he started crying in the back seat. He did not want to go inside to eat. When those three came back outside, he was gone. They looked for him and could not find him. The CPT got a call about 2 hours later and he was informed that SSG F had gone to the clinic. So the MSG, the CPT and myself drove over to the clinic around 1130 at night. The docs said they believe he is schitzo. So I had to stay with him all night at the clinic. The dude would not shut up. They gave him so sleeping pills and finally about 0230 he fell asleep. I was awoken at 0630 by my buddy to relieve me.
Now I have been told I have to escort SSG F to Germany to the big hospital there. Not so bad I guess, because I will spend about 5 days there. And everybody knows how much I like Europe. Probably will have to stay with him the whole time though. Oh well such is life.
I really think this whole adventure, may make for a good book or movie. I want Michael Madsen to play me.
Randy
buk,
enjoy Germany. What an awesome break huh?
Sousa
Posted by
Orange Julius Jackson |
11:05 AM
Hey Bubba,
I can't believe the break you are getting. I know the circumstances are screwy, but it will be nice to get out of Iraq for a few days. So if they find that this SSG is schizo, will he be sent home? Is he pulling a Klinger? Also, would he be put out of the military? I remember a certain deal with a certain family member that was in the Guard and was trying to hide the fact that they were on anti-depressants. I just wonder what is going to happen to this guy. I love you dude! Renee'
Posted by
Nay |
3:32 AM