« Home | Armed Forces Network (AFN) » | The Summer Is Coming » | Get Out Of The Way, We Have AK 47s » | Mister, Mister » | Keifer Sutherland Has No Idea What 24 Hours Is » | Finally the Photos » | What does my, out, and nut have in common? » | Get Ready » | Lip Hair » | Back in the Desert Again, I'm Back »

Two Bithday Greetings and a bunch of Iraqis

I have a lot to write about today. I told you in my last blog that we got AFN. Well SFC I has a big TV that he allows us to watch, until we get our Team TV. That TV is on order. Well MSG F had a small little TV that someone gave him when we were training in Ft Carson. Well that small little TV was 110 Voltage. MSG F asked me to plug in and see if it would get AFN as well. So I plugged it into what I thought was a 220 Voltage converter. Well it wasn’t and all of a sudden white smoke started coming out of the TV. It just smoked for about 15 minutes. MSG F was not upset, but he did wonder how someone who has spent almost his whole career overseas could not know the difference with a normal power strip and a converter. We all laughed at my stupidity.

Last night I went on a mission to pickup about 35 to 40 Iraqi soldiers. We flew down, received them, and flew them back. It was like being around a bunch of little kids. They kept standing up inside the helicopter and would not wear their helmets (Kevlars). We handed them earplugs and some of them put it in their mouths and tried to eat it. We had to show them where earplugs go. When got back to Taji we had to account for them all. So we started trying to line them up. Of course they kept moving around and would not stand still. They brought all of their equipment in cardboard boxes. Some of the boxes opened up and stuff was flying all over the airfield. Keep in mind this is 0230 in the morning. One of the boxes was so heavy and big that it took about 35 of them to lift it in to the truck. Funny stuff and I am still laughing about it.

There are five important women in my life. First is Isabel. She is my wife, lover, best friend, and the mother of my two little boys. She keeps things going smooth in my absence. There is Renee Anderson my sister. Renee and I have been through a lot in our lifetime and she means the world to me. Also in the five is Ingrid Lauw, my mother-in-law. Ingrid took me in and has fallen in love with me, or at least I think so. She fed me in Holland when I was hungry, gave me a place to stay when I was in transit back to the states, not just once, but twice and she produced my lovely wife. Then there are two left.

I have written about my grandmother before. Nana is the sweetest lady I know. She still teaches Sunday school, plays piano for the church, and is their when ever someone needs to talk. I love her dearly. And she makes some corn rolls to die for, ask my Uncle Paul.

Last is my momma. I could write everyday on this blog about my momma and never repeat anything. She has always been there for me. When I did things in my youth that I knew was wrong, she never judged me. She just taught me the lesson I needed to learn. I have only argued with my mother once, and to this day I still regret it. I love her more then anything in the entire world. I don’t see her as much, but I think about her daily.

Today is Nana’s and Momma’s Birthday. I ask Grandpa and Sonny to hold them just a little longer and whisper in their ear, “Your Grandson and your Son sends his love.” Happy Birthday Ladies, you’re in my thoughts. I am going to chow now, I wish I could be their for the Sunday meal.

Love ya,
Randy Out.