Where Are All The Wall Lockers and Beds
Yesterday, we got a call that we had to move all of our wall lockers and beds back into the building we just left. Seems the Sergeant Major (SGM) from the Division we had been working at wanted to know why there was nothing left in the building. Master Sergeant (MSG) F tried to tell him, if we did not take them we would have nothing to sleep on because the other team has not left yet. Plus when we moved into that building originally it had nothing and we found all of our own wall lockers and beds. SGM said we needed to move stuff back in before the end of the day. So MSG F tried to explain that when the team we are replacing leaves, we will let SGM have all their stuff. SGM said no. So bottom line, MSG F called in some favors and we went and picked up 12 wall lockers and 12 beds. We only needed to put 10 of each, but we added two for good measure. Did all of this in two hours.
Today I went out to Tarimayh again. While I was up their an Iraqi police car pulled up. They pulled out a blanket with something inside it. When they opened it up, I realized it was half of a human body that was smoking. It seems that some insurgent blew himself up while trying to plant and Improvised Explosive Device (IED). Pretty cool though, and funny too.
Happy Easter Helms Boys, and I hope you get some eggs.
Randy
Today I went out to Tarimayh again. While I was up their an Iraqi police car pulled up. They pulled out a blanket with something inside it. When they opened it up, I realized it was half of a human body that was smoking. It seems that some insurgent blew himself up while trying to plant and Improvised Explosive Device (IED). Pretty cool though, and funny too.
Happy Easter Helms Boys, and I hope you get some eggs.
Randy
You really viewed half a human body? That is so gross! How did they know it was an insurgient? What is your weather like right now? It is starting to heat up in the Wick. I have a paper to write for my first graduate class. I haven't started it yet and it is due by next weekend. Say a prayer for me. Daddy has come up for Easter weekend. We are planning on hiding eggs for Arthur. I hope you get to have some sort of Easter service over there. I love you BUbba!
Posted by
Nay |
8:24 AM