« Home | No Grammar Check, Eyes Don't Plays That » | A Tank, A Scorpion, And That's The News » | Caught In The Cookie Jar » | Bailey Is Six » | Nothing, Absolutely Nothing » | Another photo.CPL C is on his knee reflecting on w... » | And A Few Pictures Of The IED » | Hooters » | Thank You Jesus » | Work Forty Hours A Week? How About Awake Forty Hours »

Hello Hell

Well I am in Baghdad. The conditions here really stink. The first night or should I say 3:00 am in the morning when we arrived the power went out. We had just gotten into our room and ten minutes later, bam no power. The power seems to go out about two times a day. From 0900 until 1830 (6:00 pm) and then around 0200 until 0700. So almost the whole day. The temperature in the room stays at a cool 110. No air conditions, only two ceiling fans that blow hot air.

About 30 minutes before we departed Camp Taji, I fell about four or five feet off a ladder. I sprained my ankle really bad. Of course I still had to come down here. The ride should have only taken about an hour, but it took four hours. My foot swelled up something big. It was almost 24 hours before I could get to a clinic. The doctors said it does not appear to be broken or any ligament damage, but with it so big the want to wait until the swelling goes down to X-ray again. No running for about four weeks.

The water is not that great, so the toilets really do not flush that well. So you can guess what the bathroom smells like. Oh well this is all part of the exit strategy.

Take care,

Randy

Hey Bubba,
I can relate to your injury. I was getting up on a chair in my room to paint and I fell off the chair. Now the fall was not the problem since I wasn't up high like you. However, the chair is wooden and came down on my left calf really hard. The leg started bruising within about 30 minutes. The bruise is about 3" long and 2" wide. Everyone says that they haven't ever seen such a thing before. It hurt like a son of a gun the first few days. Now, 6 days later, it is starting to itch, so I know it is trying to heal. I will write more later.
I love you!!!!

Post a Comment