Been Awhile
Well hello everyone and I hope your Thanksgiving was good. We had a nice turkey, ham, stuffing, gravy, and corn on the cob meal. I do have a lot to be thankful this year, and I made sure that I thanked the good Lord above for all my blessings. The reason why I have not updated this blog in awhile was due to the fact our Internet has been down. Just came back up a couple of days ago, but it has been running extremely slow.
The three retirees on my team departed from here about a week ago and will be leaving the country soon, headed back home. I wish them success in their civilian life. As a personal note to Joe L., “Thank you for everything the last year. We started out rough, but quickly worked it out, as NCOs and professionals due. I have learned a lot from you and will use it to my advantage when dealing with troops in the future. Now go ahead and get that ‘Jersey Waste Management’ thing working again.” (Inside joke)
I am on the midnight radio watch. I work from 2100 (9:00 pm) to 0900 everyday. Much safer, since I do not got out into sector. I figured since I had to stay until early JAN, I might as well take it easy. This can be boring at times, just trying to stay awake, but it beats dodging bullets.
Isabel and the boys are doing well, from what she has told me on the phone. I am glad to hear that. I truly miss the three of them, and really cannot wait to hold them in my arms. This has been a long year, but it will soon be over and I will be back in Texas.
Until I write again,
Randy
The three retirees on my team departed from here about a week ago and will be leaving the country soon, headed back home. I wish them success in their civilian life. As a personal note to Joe L., “Thank you for everything the last year. We started out rough, but quickly worked it out, as NCOs and professionals due. I have learned a lot from you and will use it to my advantage when dealing with troops in the future. Now go ahead and get that ‘Jersey Waste Management’ thing working again.” (Inside joke)
I am on the midnight radio watch. I work from 2100 (9:00 pm) to 0900 everyday. Much safer, since I do not got out into sector. I figured since I had to stay until early JAN, I might as well take it easy. This can be boring at times, just trying to stay awake, but it beats dodging bullets.
Isabel and the boys are doing well, from what she has told me on the phone. I am glad to hear that. I truly miss the three of them, and really cannot wait to hold them in my arms. This has been a long year, but it will soon be over and I will be back in Texas.
Until I write again,
Randy