Been A Tuff Couple Of Days
The last four or five days have been extremely tuff for us. We have lost two soldiers within our Division. As I have stated before in previous posts that each Military Transistion Team (MiTT) is ideally fitted with eleven personnel. Our team was an exception to the rule, due to the fact we only had about seven. The Division MiTT had a CPT get killed yesterday. I really did not know him that well, but I have spoken to him on occasion when we would be watching football. He leaves behind a wife and kids. He had just returned from leave. One of our Battalion MiTTs lost a SSG about five days ago. He was killed by an Armor Defeating Device (ADD). Basically that is a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) or a pressure plates projectle. He leaves behind a wife and children as well. He and I were just sitting outside, before I was going to work, the night before he died. They woke me up in the afternoon and told me. He had said to me the night before that he wanted to stay an extra year over here, so when he finished he could go back to the states and retire from the Army in one year. Great guy and he will be missed by everyone, especially his team. Yesterday one of the other BN MiTTs hit an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) and the gunner recevied 2nd degree burns to his face. He will be Ok, thank the Lord. He is a great guy and they say his spirts are up. I will stop by and see him when I return to Ft Sam, because he will fly out to the burn center there in a couple of days.
Hey President Bush, reading this? Got a plan yet my man? You might want to hurry it up.
Randy
Hey President Bush, reading this? Got a plan yet my man? You might want to hurry it up.
Randy
Sounds tough over there. I hope to see some action being taken because this is just a terrible war. Thinking of you and praying!
Posted by
Simple Digital Girl |
1:31 PM