« Home | R.I.P Lawrence "Uncle Junior" Holland » | What a Piece of Crap » | The Nights are Cold, but the Chow Hall Rules » | I'm Here » | Come Fly With Me » | I Can See Peely Now the Rain is Gone » | Up From San Antone » | 05 JAN 2006 - The First of Many »

I'd Walk a 1000 Miles for a Camel


The last two days we were in the field doing some Hooah Hooah Training. Both days I saw more camels then I have ever seen before. Remember I have spent time in both Saudi Arabia and Egypt. One of the days we saw around 500 sheep being walked by their Bedouin (pronounced Bedawin). For those who do not know what a Bedouin is I will elaborate. He is a person who travels freely and has no home. He goes where ever Allah leads him. Anything he finds he takes, because Allah has left it for him. So in other words, leave nothing outside if you still want it in the morning.

On the way back to the base camp I rode in the turret (the top of the HMVWW or commonly know as a Humvee). The sand and dirt was all in my eyes and ears. I could not wait to get back and shower.

Later,
Randy