« Home | I Have A Crush On You » | Two Bithday Greetings and a bunch of Iraqis » | Armed Forces Network (AFN) » | The Summer Is Coming » | Get Out Of The Way, We Have AK 47s » | Mister, Mister » | Keifer Sutherland Has No Idea What 24 Hours Is » | Finally the Photos » | What does my, out, and nut have in common? » | Get Ready »

The Army 2, Randy 0




I have been pulling duty the last two nights. That means I go to our Tactical Operation Cell (TOC) and man the phones and computers. I tracked any Significant Acts (SIGACTS) or Fragmentation Orders (FRAGOS). The duty started about 1900 and finishes around 0700. So for last two days I have been sleeping during the days.

I like working at night. It was my favorite shift to work when I was at the Jail. Remember that. I am coming up on 14 years in the Army. The jail seems so long ago, but my career in the Army seems so short. Weird is it not?

Board results for SFC come out officially on Tuesday of next week. My SGM has already received the list, and I hate to inform you, but I did not make it. Not sure why, but maybe next year. I have to keep my head in the game here, and can not let something like that get me down. When it happens, it happens.

Congrats to my friend Kerry who just finished Drill Sergeant School. Momma you remember her, Brennan’s mother. Kerry, wear that hat and badge with honor. As the Army and Drill Sergeant Motto goes “This We'll Defend” and I am sure you will.