« Home | Searching Houses » | Hey Candy, Bang, My Foot » | Just Shut Up And Eat » | Here We Are - 2-1-9 MiTT (Team 2303) » | 100 To Go Please » | Day Off » | Couple Of Days Off, But Sick As A Dawg » | I Do Eat, Come On It's Me » | Just A Little Sleep, Please? » | Quick Note From The Very Tired SSG »

Sometimes I Just Wonder Why

On Monday we went out to check our area. On the way to one of the checkpoints a small IED (Improvised Explosive Device) went off. I was the third HUMVEE out of three. The blast occurred about 10 meters in front of the first HUMVEE. I was about 50 meters from the blast. Fortunately no one was hurt and hardly any damage to the front vehicle. The good Lord continues to watch over us.

Yesterday we went on a couple of raids. I stayed outside this time, because I was the gunner. When we were getting ready to leave, this Iraqi HUMVEE in front of me started backing up. I yelled at him to stop, but he did not. He ran right into a piece of equipment that is no our HUMVEE. After he hit it, he then started pulling forward and totally broke the equipment. He probably has never heard that much yelling in his life.

Once we got back we stopped for chow. When we were leaving the chow call, we received a call that one of our checkpoints had been hit by a SVBED (Suicidal Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device). Two of our Iraqi soldiers we killed instantly and several were wounded. One of the dead, I was very close to. His name was MAJ Faris. I cannot tell you how many times I played cards with him in Tarmiyah. I used to look forward to 9:00 pm when he would come back to the patrol base. I would stay up to 1:00 am talking with him and telling jokes. He spoke very good English, so I never needed a terp. We went back up there last night and helped secure the area. I will miss him badly. Just a great guy.

Randy

Kabuki,

I might need to make an appearance and provide commentary on that show. I have some connections on that show you know.

Sorry about your friend, but glad you are safe. Take care of yourself, the WWE are going to induct Alonzo Hawk and Randy Rock into the Tag Team Hall of Fame. At the ceremy though, Alonzo is gonna turn on Randy Rock, setting a match for Wrestlemania. haha

j

Randy,
I agree with Mom on the sadness of losing another soldier that you were close to. I wish that things were different over there. I don't like hearing that you are having such close calls yourself and I certainly hate hearing about people you know being killed. I am glad that you are safe and wish that they would let you spend your last days over there some place other than Baghdad. I am glad to see a post from you everytime you get the chance since it assures me that you are still with us. I have a little gift for you that I am going to send to Mom for your next care package. Be on the lookout for it and wear it somewhere, even if it is on your skivvies. What day are you supposed to leave Iraq? I know you have said December, but I don't know if I ever heard an actual date. I guess that is all for now, but I must close with the words of the Hall of Famer, Hulk Hogan:
"Train hard, say your prayers, take your vitamins and believe in yourself". Oh yeah, one more thing that we say in the world of education: "Cover your ass."
Renee'

Randy,
I agree with Mom on the sadness of losing another soldier that you were close to. I wish that things were different over there. I don't like hearing that you are having such close calls yourself and I certainly hate hearing about people you know being killed. I am glad that you are safe and wish that they would let you spend your last days over there some place other than Baghdad. I am glad to see a post from you everytime you get the chance since it assures me that you are still with us. I have a little gift for you that I am going to send to Mom for your next care package. Be on the lookout for it and wear it somewhere, even if it is on your skivvies. What day are you supposed to leave Iraq? I know you have said December, but I don't know if I ever heard an actual date. I guess that is all for now, but I must close with the words of the Hall of Famer, Hulk Hogan:
"Train hard, say your prayers, take your vitamins and believe in yourself". Oh yeah, one more thing that we say in the world of education: "Cover your ass."
Renee'

Post a Comment